Queensland’s waste levy will start on 1 July 2019, applying to all general waste streams and regulated wastes originating from, or disposed to landfills within, a levied zone.
Read more about the waste levy here.
In partnership with leading waste transporters, NuGrow offers opportunities to:
- Encourage diversion of organics from general waste bins to dedicated organics bins
- Support industry in their waste diversion strategies
- Enable savings under the waste levy
- Create a funding injection to support other service improvements for ratepayers
- Empower reductions in greenhouse gas emissions
- Explore the opportunity to accrue carbon credits
Using current waste levy rates, here is a generic example of the savings potential for Councils.
Read more about NuGrow’s work with Ipswich City Council on Queensland’s first dedicated FOGO initiative here.
- Enable savings under the waste levy with a cost competitive recycler
- Support reductions in greenhouse gas emissions and opportunities under the Emission Reduction Fund
- Explore the ability to accrue carbon credits
- Qld C&I
- National C&I
Using current waste levy rates, here is a generic example of the savings potential for industry organisations.