Compost is one of the most versatile and sustainable beneficial products created through the recycling of approved organic waste streams. If these waste streams aren’t recycled, they go to landfill with guaranteed negative results for the environment and society in the long term. Compost helps to address challenges such as climate change, erosion control, waterway catchment health and depleted soil. When it’s based on recycled, organic waste streams, it’s proven to enable:
- Improved soil structure, depth and nutrient levels
- Improved water infiltration and moisture retention
- Improved root and plant growth, and disease suppression
- Reduced need for fertilisers and pesticides
ICAW compost week
At NuGrow, we accept more than 30 different waste streams. We employ the most rigorous testing regime in Queensland to ensure we only recycle appropriate waste streams and that all products we manufacture are compliant with state and national guidelines.
Compost is similar to any manufactured product in that quality varies from supplier to supplier. The main two contributing factors that dictate the quality of compost are the type/composition of inputs and the composting methodology followed (eg oxygen control, moisture control, temperature control). After receiving compost feedstocks, a quality recycling process can take up to three months.
NuGrow also supports our civil contractors and landscape suppliers in knowing what test results to request from their independent testing laboratory, based on our own state-leading test regime. We provide this advice, but are removed from the testing process to ensure the integrity of results. Please get in touch with our team if we can assist.
- Is made from recycled inputs, not virgin material
- Complies with AS4454 with a recent independent test certificate available
- Meets PFAS levels set by the NEMP
- Can be supported by evidence of robust QA processes and systems by the manufacturer to ensure product quality
- Comes with batch-specific test results for chemical and physical parameters (eg heavy metals, total petroleum hydrocarbons, biological parameters, exchangeable sodium percentage).